Sunday, February 24, 2013

Yesterday was a lazy day.  It was such a lazy day that I forgot to post anything on my blog.


I made this card for a friend who maintains she is a queen, so I know that "Queens Rock".  The base of the card was a soft peach card stock from Stampin' Up!  The first layer is a brownish-orange Bazzill card stock, and the designer papers are the same as on the card I posted on February 21st.  I was using up leftovers, and this is the result. 

The sentiment was computer generated and mounted on Bazzill card stock which had been cut out with a Nestabilities die (S5-083).  To make the darker background, I traced around the die and cut it by hand.  The queen image was stamped on Cougar Opaque white card stock using an image from Eccentric Images Rubber Stamp Company and Marvy Matchables black dye ink.  (I bought this stamp several years ago and would definitely like more from Eccentric Images; however, I cannot find a web site for the company so I'm not sure they are still in business.  I did find a few of their stamps on eBay.) 

The wings were colored with Twinkling H2O's Iridescent Gold which makes them shine.  The body of the queen and her flower scepter were colored with Copic markers and then the stem of the rose and the queen's crown were highlighted with a Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  Although it doesn't show well on here, the pen definitely added a gold sparkle to the card.  The "jewels" in the crown were made by using round Class A Peels stickers from Stampendous.  A drop of Diamond Glaze from JudiKins give the stickers dimension and make the stickers sparkle like real jewels.  The dies used to cut the image were from Nestabilities and Nellie Snellen.

Leftovers are good ... whether they're leftovers to eat or leftovers to create cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment