Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Posting to my blog two days in a row?  It seems a miracle is happening before our very eyes.

The challenge was to make a card using something with the letter B.  I chose the basket by Aleesa Baker Designs from Impression Obssession and stamped it on Cougar Opaque's Natural card stock, using Adirondack's Espresso ink.  I then heat set it before coloring it with Copic markers.  After the image was colored, I used Rubber Stampede's brown watercolor pencil and a water pen with very, very little water to brush across the basket itself.  After allowing it to dry well, I cut it out.  The card base is a dark brown from Stampin' Up!, and the patterned paper mounted on it was a scrap from a previous cardmaking experience.  The peach colored paper was also a scrap which I punched on both ends with a Martha Stewart border punch.  I then mounted the basket using foam dots to elevate it a bit.

The hardest part of making this card was cutting the rounded part of the handles, but I found using a swivel knife made it much easier.

If there is anyone following my blog and is familiar with computers, can you please tell me why the box appears around my card and around my signature ... and how to fix it?  There have been a lot of changes since I originally started my blog, and I cannot find out how to eliminate the box.  Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment