Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sometimes a stamper will be lucky enough to find a background that is awesome. That is the case for this card. I bought a package of stationery because I loved the pattern on the front ... and let's face it, because it was on sale cheap! I think I paid fifty cents for a package of six cards and envelopes. Cheap is good.
I cut the front panel to fit a white card base and attached it to the base. The challenge was green, but the background was elaborate and needed a simple image. What is simpler than a leaf, especially this one? I stamped it with Adirondack's Lettuce ink, colored the leaf and the circles with Copic markers, and mounted it on dark green card stock. A simple ribbon, a little foam tape on the back, and the card was ready to go.
In case anyone reading my blog gets the idea that the only inks I use are Adirondack and Marvy Matchables, it is not because I don't have others. Some stampers are paper hoarders. I am an ink fanatic. I love the colors of all the different inks and have an extensive collection. Every time I think I have found the ultimate ink, the manufacturers come up with something new to tempt me. I yield to temptation.
I think of it this way: I don't smoke, I don't drink, and I don't date boys who do. This justifies all those ink pads, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. beautiful how you altered the "cheap" card!! what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete