Tuesday, March 24, 2009

This card is another one designed using the Elemental Doodles Firecracker USA stamp set. I heat embossed the Liberty Bell on a piece of CS using several coats of Lapis Lazuli EP from JudiKins. The varigated background paper is a teabag folding paper by Impression Obsession. I stamped the stars and fireworks bursts with Marvy Matchables Crimson Lake and Adirondack Denim dye inks. This was mounted on a piece of chipboard covered with red mulberry paper.

The background paper is from Doodlebug Designs, and the card base is Classic Red from the Paper Company. Navy strip is by Bazill.

This set of stamps is so much fun to work with. There are two things that I have found I like about the Elemental Doodles stamp sets: 1) They have both images and sentiments in the sets, and 2) they fit in a standard CD case.

When clear stamps first came out, I thought I would probably never buy or use them. I was a diehard rubber and wood mount fan. Since space is always an issue with stamps, the CD cases have worked out well for me. I still love my rubber stamps, but the clear polymer stamps are easy to store and to travel with.

Now I have to run take a peek at my new kitchen cabinets! We have been without a kitchen for almost a week, and it will be nice to be able to cook some place other than in the bedroom!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. I addore the way you did the bell. You are getting great at this posting thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did the bell and the background paper is perfect. It looks like a real fireworks show. :-) I'm glad to see you're having fun with this set.

    ReplyDelete