Saturday, March 21, 2009

This is another card made using Elemental Doodles' Firecracker USA stamp set.

Card base: Blue Bazzill CS

Red CS: The Paper Store

White CS: Cougar Opaque

Blue Designer Paper: Hot Off the Press Creative Pack

Dotted Ribbon: Unknown source

Ink: Adirondack's Blue Denim

Nestabilities: Plain Round, Scalloped Round

This card was so simple to make, and I thought the colors coordinated well. Blues are not the easiest colors to match, so I lucked out when putting this card together.

... Now I must take a few minutes for mourning the coming loss of my social life.

For over 13 years I have been a regular customer at Imprints Stamp Store in Ft. Worth, Texas. There were times when I felt as if I spent half my life and all my money in that store. I have met and become friends with many wonderful people in that store and have enjoyed fun, fellowship and food there as well as some fantastic classes. Imprints will be closing in June due to ... get this ... an owner who now thinks she has a life!

When Tina remarried a few years ago, she told us that her husband would be retiring early and that they wanted to spend time traveling and seeing this great country of ours. Little did we realize how quickly this would come to pass. Gary retired last year, and now that which we did not want to happen is about to happen.

The bad news is that the store is closing ... the good news is that there are still some great sales going on. The sales don't make up for the loss of the stamp store, but it helps soften the blow.

Good luck, Tina, and thank you for all the memories.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I guess it's time I got busy making some cards and ATCs with the Firecracker USA set. LOL I love what you did with it so far.

    ReplyDelete