Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's a Good News Day!
I sent the card I posted on my blog on June 24th to a stamping friend in Florida. She showed it to her boss, who liked it so much that she is having the card framed as art for her vacation home in the Florida Keys.
The card I'm showing today was so much fun to make. The dress was a two-part pattern I received in another swap, so I used my copier to copy it on the back of my paper. The light green paper was plain so I decorated it using a flower stamp from the Elemental Doodles' Create-a-Basket stamp set. The ink was Adirondack's Lettuce.
I punched the corners of the dark green card stock and mounted it over a piece of the light green CS. I then trimmed them to be the same size and mounted it on a white card base. I then folded the pleats in the skirt and mounted it and the top of the dress on the card. A small strip of dark green CS made the belt, and flat-backed pearls were used as buttons. A gold slipper and gold purse are the embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment