Monday, July 20, 2009


I joined a group recently that uses only Magenta stamps. I have been a fan of Magenta for years and was privileged to take some classes which were taught by Nathalie Metivier. What a lovely person!
The swap that I am doing requires that I make two cards a month and send them to two different swappers. This is the card I made for one of the swappers, and I played with colors on the card rather than a lot of "geegaws". (That's a down home term for embellishments.)
The card base was Cougar Opaque and was natural (which is a fancy term for off-white or ivory). I topped that with a light wine colored patterned paper from Hot Off the Press. On top of that I placed a light green CS to echo the green in the image. It's faint, but it's there on the flower buds. More patterned paper and then a rich wine card stock. The image was stamped on a pale, pale pink card stock scrap and embossed with JudiKins' Detail Black embossing powder. I colored the flowers with a Rose Pink Copic marker and then used the colorless blender on the end of the petals to remove some of the color. I went back over the flower close to the center with the Rose Pink to make it even darker than it originally was. Although the center of the flowers is mostly black, I colored the open areas with a Canary Yellow Copic marker. I cut the image out closely with scissors and glued it to the wine CS and embellished the flowers with a few drops of JudiKins' Diamond Glaze to resemble dew on the petals.
The Heirloom Rubber Stamp Conventioon was held in Grapevine this past weekend, and I went to the convention on Sunday. There were several vendors who were not there but also a few new vendors or at least ones I had never seen before. I think some of my favorite stamps were the ones I bought at the Eccentric Images booth. There were two vendors who had Nestabilities, but I thought that Marco's Paper did not have them displayed well. It was hard to see which of the Nestabilities they had because they were scattered throughout the booth. I saw the new acrylic Sizzix folders similar to the ones that are made for the Cuttlebug. These folders will work in the Cuttlebug, and there was a good selection to choose from. I'm not sure the name of the booth that I saw a lot of the Dreamweaver stencils in, but I think it was Polly's Pals. We watched a great demonstration using the embossing pastes, and I bought a couple of the stencils for Christmas cards.
The July convention is always smaller than the January convention, but I thought there was a good representation of vendors this year. I also liked the fact that we were seeing new vendors which means the show must go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment