Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This card was done using one of my favorite techniques. I heat embossed the image in white on glossy card stock and then did a direct to paper technique using my Marvy Matchables dye ink pads. I immediately wiped off the excess ink with a soft paper towel. The embellishments are real, tiny starfish and scallop shells.
I have been working on cards and ATCs for the Elemental Doodles Design Team. I'm going to be posting a few things on here later that I have done with the new stamp sets I received in the mail this week. As stampers, we all know that some of the designs are not in our comfort zone and are something we have not worked with before. This is the case of the new sets I'm working with, so we'll see if I can come up with something wonderful ... or not!
I also have the Elemental Doodles' stamp cleaner, but it has been missing in action. I found it tonight hiding behind my Ott light, and am I glad to see it. I like this cleaner, especially since it conditions the stamps as it cleans.
I still can't report on the "colors" that Elemental Doodles is coming out with. All we've had so far are "teasers", but I do know the initial offering will be 12 or 13 colors. I love working with colors and am so anxious to see what Inquiring Minds have come up with.
On a closing note for today, my favorite stamp store closed out Saturday with a big hoorah, lots of discounted items, and a potluck dinner to end all potluck dinners! For those of you who have shopped at Imprints in Ft. Worth, Texas, I know you will be as sorry as I am to see the store close.

No comments:

Post a Comment