Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SKELETON LEAVES MADE EASY

I love using skeleton leaves on projects, so this simple card features one. It's not always easy attaching the leaves to paper, but this one was a cinch. I have some adhesive that comes on a roll and is about 4" wide which I bought from Amy's Magic. I placed the skeleton leave on that, pressed it down firmly, and then cut around it. I then removed the backing on the adhesive and adhered it to light gray card stock.
This card uses three shades of gray CS ... medium for the base, light for the skeleton leaf and stamped image, and dark to accent the light gray colors.
The image is from the Autumn Splendor set by Elemental Doodles. I stamped it randomly on the light gray CS using Gray ink from Marvy Matchables.
If you read one of my earlier posts, you know that Elemental Doodles is having a pre-order sale for their new stamp sets which are scheduled to be released the last of June. It's always exciting to get new stamps, but it's even more exciting when they're so new to the market that no one else has them. Be sure to visit the web site at http://www.elementaldoodles.com/ to pre-order one, two, three ... oh heck, order the whole batch. Be the first kid on your block with them. Just think of all the fun you'll have playing with them.
If you're a member of Splitcoast Stampers, you will find that Elemental Doodles has now been added to the Company Galleries. The key word is elementaldoodles. Thanks go to one of the other Founding Design Team members, Etha Schuette, for this addition to SCS.
I am so anxious to find out what the "colors" we're going to be seeing from Elemental Doodles are. As of now it's still a secret, but since I love color, curiosity has me in its grips! (I'm almost as nosy as my cat, Bonnie ... just a little sneakier about it!) We don't know if they're paints, chalks, markers, or ink colors. I want the new toys ... NOW. What? You mean I have to wait like everyone else. What a concept.
In closing out this blog for the day, this is for my fourth son. Douwe, I hope your birthday is a good one. I just wish we could have been there to celebrate it with you. Many more!

2 comments:

  1. yup LOL, I want this NOW too :) oh the hardships we go through to be on a DT.... LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love that set...anything fallish is good in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete