Thursday, June 4, 2009


ATCs can be elaborate or very simple, but they are always fun to make. This ATC was made and attached to a card base using the following:
CS - White Cougar Opaque scrap; burgundy suede paper
Patterned papers - Hot Off the Press
Stamp - Autum Splendor from Elemental Doodles
Ink - VersaMark
Chipboard rectangle
Embossing powder - Lapis Lazuli and Garnet from JudiKins
Mesh
Silver mini-brads
Once again I have had my Milwaukee heat gun out and working! The heat gun was my first purchase, along with a few stamps, ink and EP, as a beginning stamper fifteen years ago. There's a lot to be said for good tools since it is still going strong after all these years. I know the Milwaukee heat gun gets very, very hot, and I know there are other heat guns with a gentle attitude toward life on the market, but this is my favorite. I'm too impatient for the slow and gentle ones. I also know that using a heat gun on a glass table top will break the glass. Don't even ask me how I know!!
Here are a few tips on making this ATC. The mesh I used is not the kind sold in stamp stores. Rather it is from a roll of white mesh that I bought at Home Depot for a fraction of the price. I think it is used for drywall repair, but it's a good thing for stampers. The back is quite sticky which makes it easy to adhere to CS. There is also a small amount of stickiness on the front side, so I cut a piece and stuck it to my nonstick mat, poured EP over it and heated the EP. I then took it off the mat, stuck it on the ATC and trimmed the ends to fit.
The image was done in EP the same way as the card posted on my blog on June 2nd except I didn't swirl the hot EP. Be sure to let it cool before you try removing the stamp.
Can you tell I've been "Doodling" around this week with my stamps from ED? As a member of the design team, I send cards and projects I've created to the company but am encouraged to publish them to my blog also.
If any of you are interested in becoming a designer for them, there is a new Design Team member call published on their web site at http://www.elementaldoodles.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment