Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Liberty Bell is a favorite of mine, so I was pleased to receive this stamp from Elemental Doodles in the Firecracker USA set.
The card was designed to be displayed on an angle using a square black card base. Patterned paper is from DCWV. To make the center image, I used a 2" square precut chipboard from Magenta, covered it with VersaMark ink and added three layers of JudiKin's Black embossing powder, heating between each layer. While the third layer was still hot and runny, I added a layer of silver EP and used a toothpick and heat gun to swirl the colors together until I achieved the marbled effect I liked. I then inked the Liberty Bell stamp with VersaMark and stamped into the hot EP, leaving the stamp in place until the EP cooled. After it was completely cooled, I highlighted the image with Platinum Rub N Buff. It was then mounted on a square scrap of black CS and an offset square scrap of red glossy CS. The saying was stamped on white CS with Jet Black StazOn ink and mounted on another scrap of the red glossy CS. I added red star brads in the upper corners and mounted it to the card using foam tape.
I can hardly wait to see this month's new products from Elemental Doodles. We don't know what the product is yet, but we have been promised a lot of color! I love color ...
Tomorrow is play day here. My sister-in-law will be visiting, and we have decided to stay here and play rather than going shopping which is what we usually do. Jan is an avid scrapbooker who wants to learn some stamping techniques. We'll probably indulge in some good TexMex food for dinner. Sounds like a plan to me!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow that bell came out AMAZING!! love the silver swirling, what a great technique!! thanks for explaining how you did this.

    ReplyDelete