Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mothers always enjoy talking with their children ... or at least I do. My son, who is stationed with the US Coast Guard in Alaska, called me last night and asked me if I would be home this afternoon. I said that I would be, and he told me he had arranged a delivery for me. I thought it would be probably be flowers because that's what he sends when he asks about my plans. Since it is close to Easter, I wondered if he was sending me Easter lilies which I love.
About 2:00 the doorbell rang, and I hurried to answer it. Through the frosted glass I could see a bouquet of flowers. When I opened the door, a deep voice said, "Were you expecting a delivery of flowers?" The deep voice belonged to my son. How thrilled I was ... and how surprised!
The card I have shown here is in response to a Puzzling Predicament challenge. The card base is dark brown card stock, and I used another piece of background paper from one of the many pads residing in one of my drawers for the puzzle. I mounted it on terra cotta CS before mounting it on the brown card base.
As for the puzzle, I used the puzzle set of Tamp-A-Tiles by tracing around each piece of the puzzle. Then I used a small stencil brush to stipple Marvy Matchables Pale Orange over most of the background and Dark Brown over the tracing. After that I stamped the face, the eyes and the lips in each of the puzzle sections. The face and eyes were stamped with Dark Brown, and the lips were stamped with Adirondack's Wild Plum and overstamped with Adirondack's Eggplant. The face and eye stamps are by Stamp Francisco, and the lips are from Stampabilities. I colored the eyes on the face image with a green Pigma pen, the eyebrows with Copic's Burnt Umber, and the lips with PrismaColor's Mulberry pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment