Monday, April 6, 2009

Baseball season has returned ... and the Texas Rangers beat the Cleveland Indians 9-1 at the Ballpark in Arlington today. I've been a huge baseball fan all my life and started as a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals. My late husband was from the home of the Texas Rangers, and I switched allegiance which lasts until this day.
This absentee blogger has also returned. The past weekend was not stamp oriented since I was trying to clean up a huge mess from a remodeled bedroom and partially remodeled kitchen. The bedroom is finished, and the kitchen is almost there. I love the results of remodels but hate the process. This was occasioned by water damage in the house over the years and has proven to be a smart move on our part. During a 5" rain storm a couple of weeks ago, there were no leaks!

The above card is one I made for an Artist's Choice challenge. I have had a book of Asian background papers for a long, long time, and I decided they would be perfect for showcasing the new cherry blossom stamp by Inkadinkadoo that I bought recently.
The card base is pink, and I used the cherry blossom background paper cut 1/16th of an inch smaller than the card. The other two background papers were in the same book of papers, and I highlighted the long rectangle and the circle with more of the pink CS. I stamped the cherry blossom image with Marvy Matchables' Dark Brown and mounted it on a dark brown CS scrap. A sheer ribbon was the finishing touch for a relatively simple card ... if you don't count trying to match up colors which border on the unusual.
I think it is time I use my Bind-it-All, so I'm going to watch the DVD that came with it. I have used one in class but have never used mine. It's about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment