Monday, May 18, 2009

It has been so long since I posted here, but it has been a month of absolute chaos here. The drain from the a/c unit in the attic stopped up, filled the drain pan, and overflowed, ruining both bathrooms and a bedroom closet. Construction to repair the damage is still ongoing but should be finished this week.
Because of all the mess we have been in for the past month, artistic inspiration has fled screaming for help. The muse has been visiting elsewhere while I wasn't looking. Now that things are coming back together here, my muse has been teasing around the edges of consciousness.
This card was the answer to a challege for numbers. I don't usually work in a larger format, but the clock face seemed to call for it. The card is 8-1/2" wide by 5-1/2" tall. The card base is a light orange, topped with a dark gray embossed card stock. I bought it in a pad of 8"x8" papers, promptly tore all the paper out of the pad, and quickly forgot who made it. The papers in the pad are really cool, though, and I think I bought it at Michael's two or three months ago.
The next layer is a strip of medium orange paper, which I stamped with black ink from Marvy Matchables. The stamp is one of my favorites and was made by Eclectic Omnibus. I then ran it through the Cuttlebug, using the Traffic Jam embossing folder. The large clock face from Magenta was heat embossed with JudiKins' Silver embossing powder on a piece of glossy black card stock and cut out. It is topped with a clock face from B Line Designs which was stamped on ivory card stock with black StazOn ink and cut out. I colored the eyes with a Grayish Olive Copic marker and the lips with a Light Prawn Copic marker.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear things have been so chaotic! I was starting to worry about you!

    Do LOVE the card. You are fabulous with colors I might not use. MWAH!

    ReplyDelete